Our emergency cleaning tips will help reduce the consequences of staining:
- Scrape up solids or blot up liquids from the surface of a stain inwards.
- Do not over wet into backing materials ie. by throwing wine at wine stains.
- Do not use inappropriate washing powder on carpets or upholstery i.e. (washing up liquid, wash powders, household bleach, disinfectants).
- Always work from the surface of the stain inward to avoid spreading.
- Encourage quick drying and cleaning (carefully use a hairdryer on mild heat to assist).
- Deal with stains as quickly as possible for increased chances of success of cleaning.
- Keep the upholstery or carpet as dry as possible.
- Call during a professional as soon as you’ll to avoid the stain fixing deep into the fibers or damaging fibers.